0 the professionals {gemma smith}


I remember - about 5 years ago - driving past the Sarah Cottier Gallery in Paddington, (on my way to spend some moolah over the other side of the bridge) my mouth watering over the latest offering from artist Gemma Smith. Since then, I have seen her faceted sculptures in the homes of some very lucky Australians in various shelter mags, one in particular made me very swoony, it was placed on a white plinth by a huge window in a cavernous polished concrete room by the harbour. I literally cannot stop thinking about the combination, especially after my recent trip to New Zealand where the houses were all concrete and wood, the perfect surrounds for a little juxtapositioned faceted delight (sighing)







Facebook Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips