1 the professionals: luisa seidenberg


Hannah shot these amazing creations and i had to share. the artist is Luisa Seienberg (she happens to be Han's cousin) and she was kind enough to give me the lowdown on her process...

 
artist/decorator Luisa has been creating for the past 2 years, working predominately with earthen ware clay, under glaze, copper, oxide and glaze. to create one of these sometimes takes 3 hours sometimes 12, but the firing process takes a long time, they have to be Bisk fired and then glaze fired up to 1100 degrees c
 
 
"This series of ceramics is titled ‘Oceania’. It is a body of work which is my response to the absolute beauty of nature and my environment. The simplicities and complexities.
 
I scan the ocean whilst walking along the beach and shoreline rocks and am constantly overwhelmed by the wondrous world in which we live. I am transported by the serenity the magic.
 
My work is a homage to the energy of the restless and peaceful sea. The art works are organic in form. Working with colour and texture, I purposely expose the inconsistencies in the clay, much like nature. They seem to manifest themselves through a will of their own as if my hands are just a tool to compose them. It is a great creative freedom for me and my heart is in every piece
 
hope you enjoy them, Luisa"













to view more of her collection or make a purchase email her at luisa.seidenberg@gmail.com or via facebook here 

xxx c

Facebook Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Those are very neat!!

    Studded shorts and tops: www.louiseandco.etsy.com
    Blog: www.louiseandcostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips